Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dr Fun

I have little faith in “modern”, western medicine. It took Doctors a year to figure out the pain in my side was an ovarian cyst, and several more months to remove it. Then there was another surgery a month later to figure out why I wasn’t healing from the first one. They supposedly didn’t find anything, but I healed no problem after the second one, so I honestly doubt it.
I prefer to take care of my minor issues with herbs and proper rest. I don’t believe any health issue is due to a lack of pharmaceuticals in the body, and I’m all about treating the actual CAUSE of the problem, not the symptoms. Most of my illnesses stem from my stresses, so by forcing myself to relax, my health usually gets better.
However, I have been having one issue that are not going away recently.
I’m torn. On one hand, it could be a situation where my American diet and general lack of exercise has finally caught up with me, and I’m paying the price. It could be my body not knowing how to react to the changes I’ve been making in my diet recently – all changes for the better. (Increased fiber, decreased sugar, actually eating a fruit or veggie that wasn’t a topping on something else) Perhaps I took these changes too quick, and my colon is having trouble keeping up. Perhaps it’s something worse. I won’t know till after Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment