Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm BAAACK

Hello again! NaNoWriMo is finally over, and I have taken my required siesta from all things writing. I’ve had friends and family request to read my novel. In a word, no. In two, not yet. As our NaNo leader stated in our pre-writing meeting: “One month to write the first draft, 11 months for editing.” Much of my novel was written while held conscious only by caffeine, or while distracted by other, less important things, like work.
I want to have a go through on my first draft before I let anyone else read it, to clean up glaring continuity or grammar errors. For example, I think I may have changed a character’s name ½ way through. Though I know what I meant, another reader wouldn’t, and I don’t want the little things like that taking a reader, even a proof-reader, out of the story.
So please, be patient and understanding; this is, after all, my first time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment