Monday, March 21, 2011

Burning a Birthday Candle at both ends

So, I was at a helacious day at work today, and a random thought wandered through my mind about how, honestly, was I trying to burn out as quickly as possible? As the thought passed, I tried to catch it, to understand it. The thought pointed out my Birthday present from my friend Sarah.
My day job is, for lack of a better word, frustrating. The thought had found an omen that sums it up fairly well today. I got a statue of a very serene looking meditating kitty for my desk at work. I love the kitty, it looks so... calm. So zen.
But then I put it on my desk.
Somehow or other, something cast a shadow on my kitty statue, and, I swear, it looked EXACTLY like worry lines. Seriously, a shadow on my desk made a statue have a worried, furrowed brow, the moment I set it on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment