Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Purse Update

For those who asked, here is me and the purse in better lighting. And better company.


I just wanted to share two things that wearing it for a few days has taught me.

#1 - THIS IS A GODSEND. You never have to think about it - put it on in the morning, and your purse is always with you. If I'm headed to school, I carry my purse, my water bottle, my lunch bag, and my school bag. That is a minimum of 5 straps (school bag has 2) around my shoulders. FIVE! Having this on my hip has noticeably reduced the shoulder stress and entanglement frustration that I deal with on a daily basis. Also, I never have to remember where I set my purse down. I went to the movies, didn't have to set my purse on the icky floor or sit with it on my lap. It just chilled between me and the laughable arm rest. It also helped me get some privacy from the jerk who sat next to me, because he almost sat ON me, but instead sat on my bag, & I was able to get him to shift so I could get the bag out from under him & then put the armrest down. I get in the car & it just sits there, under the seat belt, I don't have to set it on the passenger seat or the back, it chills with me, but without the chocking hazard of an extra strap tangled with a seat belt.
In fact, I'm wearing it right now. I'm sitting in the middle of my living room & I have my purse with me. How often does that happen?

#2- WEAR A BELT. This may not be an issue for everyone, but I like my pants high by modern fashion standards - above my hip bone. I also carry a lot of stuff in my purse. That tiny thing holds an amazing amount, and it all weighs more than feathers. Wallet, emergency shopping bag, emergency meds, business card holder & business cards, lip balm, gift cards in holder, keys galore, and phone. If you want your pants to stay put, they need a bit of help to combat that extra weight.
Now, I'm not saying this is pull your pants down heavy. Not by a long shot. but if I don't want anyone to see the tops of my granny panties, BELT.

So, that's it. I'm never going back. In fact, I'm kinda bummed that I spent the time to transform the leftover strap into a cross body, because I doubt I will ever use it.

On a side note, in school today another sub noticed it, cause it was hanging out on my dress slacks. (Oh! just thought of a #3! Dress slacks so rarely have pockets, but they almost always have belt loops!) She asked about it, I told her it was awesome, she asked where I got it, & I told her I made it. She was floored. Then she asked if I sell them on Etsy.

I honestly hadn't thought about that.

I am going to make a few more, and people I know may end up getting them as Yule gifts, but I don't know about selling them. I've been burned by trying to sell my jewelry on Etsy before, I don't know if this would be any better. Plus, it's not my original idea - I got it from EPBOT. I don't know if that's ok, I don't want to infringe on her copyright or anything.

What are your thoughts? Should I sell them, or is that uncool, since it's not my original idea?


No comments:

Post a Comment