Saturday, April 2, 2011

Challenge of the day: The movie of your life

I think, in our culture, we all look at ourselves, at one point or another, as the main character in our own story. I know people who are crippled mentally because they aren't some big, important thing. They forget the training montage, they don't want to put the effort into becoming something big, they just expect it to happen, and when it doesn't they're devastated. I'm all about change; I'm always improving myself in one way or another. I didn't like my career anymore, so now I'm going for my Master’s degree and still working full time. I wasn't feeling fulfilled creatively, so I started doing jewelry design, and this weekend my work is being displayed in an art & fashion show.
Life isn't going to give you anything. If you want something, you have to fight for it. If you don’t like what’s happening, change it. If you want a loving relationship, it doesn’t just happen, you have to work at it, but once you have that relationship, it flows like water. If you want something bad enough, if it is something worth doing, it won’t be easy. It CAN’T be easy, or it wouldn’t be worth it. My movie’s plot may look like soap opera fodder in spots, it’s an action and a comedy and a drama and a romance piece, but it’s my life and I’m filling it with as much living as I possibly can!
To end on some favorite lyrics, a personal motto if you will:
“But if you want to see the Northern Lights
You gotta lift up your head and
If you wanna have some kind of life
Decide you're not better off dead and
If you want to read the mystic story written in your future
You better start to write it now...”
~Gaia Consort, Secret of the Crossroads Devil

No comments:

Post a Comment