Sunday, February 27, 2011

Busy weekend

Honestly, I did have a busy weekend. I finally finished 2 pieces. One is my Leinenkugel bracelet. I've been debating if I should add crystal dangles in matching colors, but it's big - it's loose on my husband's wrist, so it would probably go to a guy. Plus it's Leinenkugel, so it would still probably go to a guy. =)

So, I found out that the bottle caps that are used to make necklaces I've been trying to copy are made from unused bottle caps. That's why they flatten out all nice and clean - they've never been crimped. So if I want to make necklaces and charms and stuff, they won't be on the nice flattened disks - it's not exactly recycled jewelry if the item didn't have a life before.

Here is the other piece - it's a necklace made from lock washers and chain from a goodwill grab-bag. I also thought about adding crystals for color, but decided adding color would limit it too much.

That's the center flair/dangling part - the chain length is just longer than my laptop, so about 16 inches? It looks great in a v neck. =) I know, I've tried it on to make sure it hangs right.

1 comment:

  1. Update - I modified the Leinie bracelet so it's now exactly 8 inches. It works GREAT now! Tee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete