Thursday, February 10, 2011

Creative juices

So, I promised a sneak peek at what I'm working on for the show. Here's the first bit. Earrings.
They are shown hanging off of my Scentsy warmer, but I think you get the idea. The small copper disks are button pearls, but the rest is industrial leftovers. Copper ring washers and steel disks. I made 4 pair, that's all I had the supplies for, so once they're gone there will be no others made. The steel disks have a worn patina to them that I love, but doesn't show up well in the picture. It makes each earring unique. =)

I'm also torturing bottle caps.

I'm bending the rough edges inside. I'm thinking of either using them as frames for something else, or drilling the tops and just using them as is. Haven't decided yet, though. The possibilities with bottlecaps are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment