Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pop tab Earrings

As a reward to myself for finishing my homework actually on time for once, I spent the evening working on more jewelry for the Fashion in Detritus show. Here is a bit of a teaser.
I apologize for the lighting in the picture - I took this fairly late, and it isn't the best, but I hope you get an idea.

These will eventually be post earrings, once I finish modifying the posts to my liking. My mate says he likes the red ones the best, though I like the aquamarine drops - the crystals are faceted in a spiral, causing fun with the light.

I also want to comment about how wonderful a medium the pop tabs have been to work with. No matter how much I abuse them, scratch them, bend them, they still keep their finish - matte, yet shiny. They're very tough and handled my playing with them much better than some of the wires I was using.

No comments:

Post a Comment